Harvest Haven Bone Broth
Harvest Haven Chicken Bone Broth
Easy to use for soups, gravies, and sauces.
Made with Harvest Haven chicken, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, peppercorns, salt, and bay leaves.
Harvest Haven Turkey Bone Broth
Made with: Harvest Haven turkey, carrots, beets, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, peppercorns, salt, apple cider vinegar, bay leaves.
This exceptional wholesome broth can be used in many ways. Here are some simple ideas that you will surely enjoy:
1. For the liquid in making gravy
2. As the liquid in stove top dressing
3. As a base to make your own soup
4. Along with water to flavour rice
~~~ Rice Pilaf with Basil and Pine Nuts ~~~
* 1 container Harvest Haven turkey stock
* 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
* ¼ - ½ large onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 ¼ cup long-grain rice
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
* 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
* Salt and pepper
Heat oil in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until broth is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir basil and toasted pine nuts into rice. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Adapted from Bon Appétit | December 1990